Adobe Reader X is a powerful software solution that enables you to view and print PDF documents fast and easy, no matter the content, be it photos, videos, emails, drawings or any kind of multimedia file.
The application allows you to write down comments and feedback using a separate frame in the right side of the window, while the reading space is not affected at all. In fact, this is one of this tool's strong points: the interface is quite clean, but still manages to provide a lot of tools for zooming, selecting text, print, add bookmarks and many others.
A great thing about Adobe Reader X is its ability work with CAD designs and geospatial maps converted to Portable Document Format. Also, in case you need to locate any element within a PDF file, the application offers a comprehensive file searching engine that finds what you need in a matter of seconds.
The security functions enable you to view and work with PDF documents without having to worry about malicious code being executed on your machine. The 'Protected Mode' and the 'Enhanced Security' features are designed to safeguard your computer and provide data protection and privacy.
When it comes to customizing Adobe Reader X, the Preferences area will give you the possibility to modify a wide range of settings. Comments, 3D and multimedia, measuring and reading options are available, as well as spelling or page units configurations.
In case you find Adobe Reader X too difficult to use, the application includes a comprehensive help manual. Unfortunately you will need an Internet connection to access it, which means you won't be able to read the documentation in offline mode.
All things considered, with this software you can't get it wrong simply because it still sets the standards insofar as PDF documents are concerned. Adobe Reader X really works as advertised and is the leading tool for viewing Portable Document Format files.
Updates (and Security):
· A fully automatic update mode is introduced for Acrobat on Windows. After installation and on first launch, users are prompted to opt in to Fully Automatic Updates for Acrobat. Opting in means that updates will be automatically and silently installed when they are available. For related Registry/Plist information, see bDeclined in the Preference Reference.
· Security is further enhanced as a result of improvements and bug fixes.
· The Vista-style Open and Save dialogs work on sandboxed Windows Reader.
· Support for Office 2013 is introduced for Acrobat PDFMakers.
· OCR support is enhanced.
· LCRM protected PDFs hosted on a document hosting server as well as LCRM server managed via an Apache proxy no longer requires a user to authenticate twice.
· Logging and error reporting improvements
· The Acrobat color picker is replaced by the OS color picker which provide RGB Sliders, CMYK Sliders, ...