What's new in version 2.0.2
This version includes few excellent features for users such as stack improvements and bouncing effect.
Be sure to check complete list of changes:
- Introducing bounce effect for icons and stacks.
- Now you can see previews of photos and movies right in the stacks. You can even scroll movies frames using scroll wheel on your mouse.
- Added support for custom stack icon.
- Bounce effect will notify you about any kind of changes that are happening in the stack's folder.
- Also XWindows Dock will notify you about all flashing windows in the taskbar. This can be favorite instant messaging client (e.g. Pidgin or Miranda), Skype, FTP-client and so on.
- Now dock looks much better with smoother borders in 3D mode.
- Developer API updated to 0.0.0.2 version. Now developers can use bouncing effect for their plugins.
- And, as usual, XWindows Dock become more stable and fast.
What's new in version 2.0.1
- Stack. Finaly, the stack feature was integrated with XWDock 2.0. Sure, this is not the same Stack that was earlier, but even now it very useful. The new stack was implemented like a plugin.
- Exposé. This feature is the easiest way to browse through your opened applications and windows. Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately) this truly incredible function works only on Windows Vista and Windows 7. Just click the icon of running application and wait (or use
Alt+Click) to show all windows of this application.
- Slow down the animation with
Shiftkey. Surprise your friend with smoothest animation.
- Stability and performance improvements.
Except the main features listed above application has some additional functions:
- Auto-update. Now XWDock can check updates and will notify user when new version is available (internet connection required).
- Keyboard shortcuts allows you to use "hidden features" of the XWDock.
- Clean and simple Preferences window.
- Reserving space of the screen allow you to work with Dock at any time from anywhere.
- Make your XWDock autostart with Windows.
- Partial support of the ObjectDock docklets. Some features won't work.
XWindows Dock provides fully compatibilities with Windows 7 and Windows Vista and probably works fine on Windows XP.